Sunday, September 16, 2007

Vinayakar Chathurthi and Kozhakattai (Italian Style)



From the title, you probably wonder what the heck I'm talking about. Well read on...Saturday Sep 15th was Vinayakar Chaturthi and it's customary to make Kozhakattai (rice dumplings - sweet and spicy) to offer as Prasadham to the Lord. However due to unavoidable circumstances, we couldn't do it this year. We did offer some sweet milk, fruits as Prasadham and kept it as a simple affair.

Based on the recipe that I recently saw here , I decided to make some Ravioli (2 filling types - Spinach/Mushroom and Sun-dried tomato) for dinner for my dear wife. The ravioli came out pretty good and my wife enjoyed it. She also quipped that we did make Kozhukattai i.e Ravioli are just flattened Kozhukattai's and I coudn't agree more.

We had some fillings (both kinds) left over for Sunday and L ingeniously whipped up some Ravioli Parmigiana for dinner and quite a meal it was....Thanks L

No comments: