Monday, November 19, 2007

Prayer brings victory - in good times and bad times

Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I'm not a very religious person, but I certainly believe in the existence of a supreme power above that controls everything that happens in this world. Like most of the mortals out there, I too think of God only when there is a problem. May be that attitude of mine should change. May be I should think of God more often. May be that's why He has been giving me enough to worry about (for the last 7 months in particular), that I keep thinking of Him all the time now. Funny that I now find time to think of Him when all these days when the times weren't this bad, that I conveniently forgot about His existence. May be this is a signal for me learn to pray in good time and bad times. May be this is a reminder to be thankful for what I have and not lament about what I don't. May be this is a reminder to me of my high school's famous motto "Prayer brings victory". Now that He has manged to gain my attention, I want to share a prayer that has helped me stay afloat in troubled times before

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference

No comments: